konqueror file opening question

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Fri Jan 25 15:55:41 MST 2013

They recently replaced the KHTML engine within KDE with webkit, I'm
guessing that may have something to do with it.

That being said, I just tried it on my system and it worked perfectly.

When you move from system to system, are to starting with a fresh KDE
config, or are you copying your home directory from system to system.
The reason I ask, is that I think you might be dragging from old crusty
and bad configs from system to system and that could explain a lot of
the problems you have been seeing.

It might be time to "mv ~/.kde ~/.kde.bak" and start with a fresh config.

Brian Cluff