gnuradio, sdr, DAB USB dongles, and so forth?

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:08:54 MST 2013

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I'm guessing you're a ham.  I've
never encountered anyone not a ham who uses terms as narrowband fm or
wideband fm, psk and so on. The only problem I could think of would be
the computer generating interference with whatever you're trying to receive.

Derek

On 01/23/2013 11:50 AM, Carruth, Rusty wrote:

> Actually, the software on your pc turns off the decoder in the dongle
> and takes I and Q directly, then decodes it on the PC.
>
> Probably won't work for TV reception here (besides, the bandwidth you
> get that way is 'only' about 2MHz wide), but NBFM, WBFM, AM, PSK, FSK,
> blah blah blah can all be decoded if they run in under 2MHz bandwidth.
>
> Rusty

"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I'm not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore