gnuradio, sdr, DAB USB dongles, and so forth?

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at smartstoragesys.com
Wed Jan 23 11:50:40 MST 2013

Actually, the software on your pc turns off the decoder in the dongle
and takes I and Q directly, then decodes it on the PC.

Probably won't work for TV reception here (besides, the bandwidth you
get that way is 'only' about 2MHz wide), but NBFM, WBFM, AM, PSK, FSK,
blah blah blah can all be decoded if they run in under 2MHz bandwidth.

Rusty