format thumb drive

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:44:58 MST 2013

in regards to the rm command..... I did chmod the files to 777 and it
returned through but I just tried again and:

  $ sudo chmod 777 *
  [sudo] password for bmike1:
  chmod: changing permissions of `install-upon-restore-Laptop.txt':
Read-only file system
  chmod: changing permissions of `install-upon-restore-PC.txt': Read-only
file system
  chmod: changing permissions of `Mark Work History.rtf': Read-only file
system
  chmod: changing permissions of `msgr11us.exe': Read-only file system
  chmod: changing permissions of `Resume-Resume.odt': Read-only file system
  chmod: changing permissions of `The New Kind.zip': Read-only file system
  chmod: changing permissions of `Yearly Template.ods': Read-only file
system

So that is my problem with the flash drive.