vlc media player

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu Dec 26 17:21:09 MST 2013

sudo apt-get remove fglrx*

How are you installing the driver, making the deb's or forcing the lib
install?  I'd recommend the packages as that won't be catastrophic with
kernel updates.  Packages allow for dkms to recompile the module for
kernel upgrades.

sudo sh ./amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13-12-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg
Ubuntu/precise
sudo dpkg -i fglrx*.deb

Make sure to replace the distribution (precise) with whatever you're on,
and the filename.

Other than that, look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log for clues, but you're not
installing the packages clean.

-mb