ff buttons, menus, etc. don't work

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Sun Dec 22 11:26:40 MST 2013

I've had this happen in the past.  I comes from having a little unity
pollution on your system causing unity's global menu system to snag the
menu bars off of GTK based apps but with nowhere to display them, they
are just missing.

If I remember right, removing these packages will restore your menus:
unity-gtk-module-common
unity-gtk2-module
unity-gtk3-module

Brian Cluff