ff buttons, menus, etc. don't work

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 11:33:56 MST 2013

Except Hans is runnin debian stable with KDE so no Unity.

Maybe what you say can cause my problem too but my problem had nothing to
do with menus.  I was only suggesting a possibility of related causes
because he may also be running Firefox 26

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Brian Cluff <brian at snaptek.com> wrote:

> I've had this happen in the past.  I comes from having a little unity
> pollution on your system causing unity's global menu system to snag the
> menu bars off of GTK based apps but with nowhere to display them, they are
> just missing.
>
> If I remember right, removing these packages will restore your menus:
> unity-gtk-module-common
> unity-gtk2-module
> unity-gtk3-module
>
> Brian Cluff
>

> On 12/22/2013 01:29 AM, der.hans wrote:
>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> menu items are no longer working for me with Firefox. This includes in
>> page items as well as file, dit, view, etc. and also add-ons with buttons
>> at the bottom and top. Everything. Browsing still works as long as I don't
>> need a menu.
>>
>> Trying html drop downs results in the following error:
>>
>> (iceweasel:9467): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_peek_children: assertion
>> `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
>>
>> iceweasel on debian stable with KDE.
>>
>> Tried safe-mode and still didn't work.
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.