gnuplot at Percona Live

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Apr 28 23:48:43 MST 2013

Am 24. Apr, 2013 schwätzte Carruth, Rusty so:

> I've done some stuff with gnuplot.  It's great, especially if you need
> to generate <n> plots, all from different data sets.  I'm sure it has

Yeah, great tool. That said, another presenter offered to show Tim how to
use Graphite :).

> other wonderful uses, but for throwing out repeatable 'charts' (to use
> microspeak (tm :-) ) it blows xcel out of the water.  Imagine doing 100+
> identical but totally different 'charts' in xcel.  Every day or 2!
> (sometimes more than once per day!) I shudder to remember what it was
> like before I switched...

The presentation was about benchmarking and he warned about automating too
quickly, but even without automation command line is far better than
clicky-clicky for repetetive tasks :).

In any case, thanks to Walter's presentation for PLUG I better understood
Tim's presentation at Percona Live.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "This place has everything. It's even got a Hans."  -- Ken Bowley