OT: (Slightly) Family website solution?

Alan Dayley adayley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 22:57:40 MST 2013

I'm looking to setup an extended family website. Something like a
Facebook-ish (but simpler) site that I control on a shared host. My
siblings and their kids could share updates, pages, photos, etc. in a
password protected site. Some of them are "not so good" with computers,
still, and even more are not comfortable with posting such things to a
Facebook group or Google solutions and so on. And I'm not fan of Facebook
so I'm willing to create something for our use.

A better analogy would be Yammer for a family.

What CMS would work well for such a thing? Is there something based on
Drupal or another framework that can do this?

Alan