dns at home

James Mcphee jmcphe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:14:47 MST 2012

No, this is somewhat arcane, but depending on what functions you want, can
be quite simple.  DNS works by reference, so you don't load the world's DNS
onto your server.  That server will still need valid external DNS servers.

I prefer BIND, myself.  I have friends that enjoy PowerDNS.  What exact
uses are you trying to get out of it?

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Derek Trotter <expat.arizonan at gmail.com>wrote:

>  I'm thinking of running dns at home on my linux box(kubuntu 8).  I don't
> want a caching server.  Would this be difficult to set up?  Would this
> consume a lot of bandwidth?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> "One mistake up here and it’s half a day out with the undertaker!"
> - Fred Dibnah

James McPhee
jmcphe at gmail.com