rsync issues

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun May 13 00:25:31 MST 2012

okay.... you inspired me to read the man page for rsync. Now for the
questions:
-I don't get the double colon (::)
-What is a module? the man page says that the first word of the pat is the
module name..... I don''t get it!
-I am using a different browser on each machine. as I rsync it syncs
.mozila  files and .chromium files. Could I do

  --exclude-from=*mozilla*
and
  --exclude-from=*chrom*

to avoid copying these files? or am I mistaken in what I need to do

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:

> you can tell rsync to delete with a switch. you just have to trust
> yourself with file deletetion :-)
>
> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > yeah. looks like I copied the files with the locks in place so I copied
> the
> > locks. then when I closed the files and rsynced again it didn't delete
> the
> > locks because rsyn doesn't delete things. I still think we should have
> the
> > option of deleting the lock when libreoffice detects it!
>
> Stephen

--