ubuntu 12.04

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sat May 12 23:47:51 MST 2012

Betty,
Start by telling us about this computer (Brand, Model, CPU, memory, and
video card or chip).  It might also help to know HOW you tried to install
12.04.  For example, did you use a LiveCD and if so, did it boot and work
Live?  Or did you maybe  select Install from the opening menu thereby
bypassing running it in Live mode.  If you did manage to get to a command
prompt, try lshw -short to get some of that information.

Based on that kind of information, we have a better chance of helping.  For
example, if it is a Toshiba laptop, it is likely that using apci=off,
noacpi, or nomodeset on the boot line will help

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM, betty <nicepenguin at webcanine.com> wrote:

> I tried to install 12.04lts on one of my computers and I can get the sign
> in at the beginning, but after i sign in the screen goes to black, if i
> click the mouse it goesto a reddish color then back to black. Tried
> re-installing, and same thing. There does not seem a way to get to the
> command line from the sign in screen either.
> Any one know what might be a fix? Should i try 11.xx instead?
> Many thanks.
>
> --
> betty i.
> www.webcanine.com
> information for people
> who care for dogs.

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Remove all addresses from the message body before sending a Forwarded
message. This can prevent spy programs capturing addresses from the
recipient list and message body.