python error

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Mar 17 06:45:49 MST 2012

Mike:

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>      well.... I almost made it through your instructions. I got as far as:
>
> bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop ~ $ sudopybrew venv use proj
> # Using `proj` environment (found in
> /home/bmike1/.pythonbrew/venvs/Python-2.7.2)
> # To leave an environment, simply run `deactivate`
> bash: /home/bmike1/.pythonbrew/etc/venv.run: Permission denied
> (proj)bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop
>
>      Is it supposed to give that error?

1) How many python installs do you find?

# locate python |more

2) What is your PATH now?  After you edited your .bashrc to add the
environmental variable did you invoke it?

# /bin/bash

Run it again and see if that fixed it

3) A child process can't fork here, so bash can't run or write to venv.run
(known error).  I would try it simply with:

sudo pythonbrew venv use proj

So now try your original command (that gave the error) now and see if you
are still getting a python error?

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Lisa Kachold <lisakachold at obnosis.com>wrote:
>
>> You are using this sudopybrew command WITH pythonbrew.
>>
>> After you run the first "curl" command it's going to install (see that |
>> "pipe" to bash?)...
>>
>> You can turn it off if it doesn't fix it (see the full post):
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I was going to do that.... I was moving this discussion into it's own
>>> thread. But I did have a question about it before I installed it. It said
>>> that said 'After installation, where you would normally use sudo,
>>> non-root users will need to use sudopybrew:' is that in all instances
>>> or just when working with python?

>>> --
>>> :-)~MIKE~(-:

>> --