python error

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 10:52:36 MST 2012

Welp.... none of that worked. (see below) Maybe I should apt-get
remove python. But what about the one I got with curl?

> 1) How many python installs do you find?
>
> # locate python |more
nothing  returned? How strange! I know there must be at least one because:

     bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop ~ $ sudopybrew install -n -v -j2 2.7.2
     You are already installed `Python-2.7.2`

Do you want me to apt-get python?

> 2) What is your PATH now?  After you edited your .bashrc to add the
> environmental variable did you invoke it?
>
> # /bin/bash

bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop ~ $ sudo /bin/bash
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader
virtualenvwrapper.sh: There was a problem running the initialization
hooks. If Python could not import the module
virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader, check that virtualenv has been
installed for VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PYTHON=/usr/bin/python and that PATH
is set properly.
Michaels-Laptop ~ # su bmike1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader
virtualenvwrapper.sh: There was a problem running the initialization
hooks. If Python could not import the module
virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader, check that virtualenv has been
installed for VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PYTHON=/usr/bin/python and that PATH
is set properly.
bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop ~ $ $PATH
bash: /home/bmike1/.pythonbrew/bin:/home/bmike1/.pythonbrew/pythons/Python-2.7.2/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:
No such file or directory
bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop ~ $

> 3) A child process can't fork here, so bash can't run or write to venv.run
> (known error).  I would try it simply with:
>
> sudo pythonbrew venv use proj

bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop ~ $ sudo pythonbrew venv use proj
sudo: pythonbrew: command not found
bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop ~ $ sudopybrew venv use proj
# Using `proj` environment (found in
/home/bmike1/.pythonbrew/venvs/Python-2.7.2)
# To leave an environment, simply run `deactivate`
bash: /home/bmike1/.pythonbrew/etc/venv.run: Permission denied