Looking for Router Suggestions

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sat Jul 7 02:38:19 MST 2012

Check out routerboard:

http://routerboard.com/products

I don't know much about them, but the os seems very versatile

Mikrotik routers seem to have a good community about them, just not sure
what features the os provides, but seems very versatile, and mentions
openvpn (I'm thinking endpoint, not hub).

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:RouterOS_features

If you really want a router with 2 interfaces for "outside" and
"inside", you'll have better luck, and just get a gig switch for behind
it.  Most "routers" really have just two
(wan=outside,switchports=inside), and just include a small switch
built-in to get the "5 ports".

-mb