Looking for Router Suggestions

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at smartstoragesys.com
Sat Jul 7 09:00:57 MST 2012

Actually, Mike brings up a good point - unless your interenet provider is faster than 100Mb/s then the best you can do from the 'net to the entire rest of your inside network is 100Mb/s or less.

so a gig switch connected to your firewall/internet router, which has a 100Mb/s link, is probably fast enough.  I assume you want the gigE from machine to machine, so you should budget for a higher-end gigE switch (or router) than for an internet-facing box with multiple gigE.  Or at least consider the speeds, and try to get a gigE switch/router that can give full data rate (full duplex) between all ports at once.

Rusty