SPF records for increasing mail delivery

Mike Bydalek mike.bydalek at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 20:13:17 MST 2012

Take a look at this:

http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=178723

Google recommends a slightly version than what you have.  Also, you can
send an e-mail to spf-test at openspf.org to validate your settings.

To be honest, you're going to face a tough battle.  I was at a company
where we sent a large amount of e-mails to professors throughout the
country and were constantly battling bounces and Spam filters (this was
all opt-in keep in mind).  What I would suggest is monitor your bounce
backs and click-throughs to ensure nothing is amiss.

One technique I could suggest would be to setup an internal SpamAssassin
(or use MailScanner) on a different domain and send your draft e-mails
to an account on that system.  Enable the option to put scores in the
header and then you can look at the e-mail to ensure that nothing you're
doing is triggering a huge score.

Good luck!

-Mike