SPF records for increasing mail delivery

Vimal Shah vimals at sokikom.com
Wed Feb 15 19:05:58 MST 2012

Hello All,

We regularly need to send emails (not marketing but student achievement
metrics) to elementary school teachers across the country. We've been
getting some of our email blocks at schools and so along with contacting
the IT person to get whitelisted, we've just set up an SPF record in
GoDaddy's DNS manager. It created a record (with PTR) and a value =

v=spf1 mx ptr include:_spf.google.com.
~all<https://dns.godaddy.com/ZoneFile.aspx?zone=SOKIKOM.COM&zoneType=0&refer=dcc#>

We send all email through google. Does this seem right? Are there any other
records that should be included to maximize the probability of email
delivery?

Thanks,
-Vimal