How to set up a dual boot on a thinkpad

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Wed Dec 12 17:43:38 MST 2012

Larry wrote:
> Those are the Page (swap) file and the storage area for Restore Points.
> If you turn those off temporarily ...
> Windows will let you shrink the partition further
> That should get you the space you need.

I did that kill off those "Page" (swap) files and a bunch of other stuff,
hibernate files, etc. but there is still something blocking:
Filename $UsnJrfnl:$J in path C:\$Extend\
that I can't get rid of. See this link:

http://www.upquick.com/temp/frag507.jpg

I searched the 'net and found others have had this problem, but when I try
to switch to Administrator level to purge the system responds saying that
I need to be at Administrator level (I thought I was) and will not allow
me to delete $UsnJrfnl

Oh, how I do despise windblows.

I've tried numerous methods to supposedly get to the Administrator level,
but to no avail.

Thus, I am now trying to find out if it is possible to just do a fresh
install from the "System Reserve" partition as shown at this link:

http://www.upquick.com/temp/frag521.jpg