dhcp question.

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Sat Aug 25 12:53:34 MST 2012

Thanks ... but ...

> Looks like the DHCP server doesn't do statically-assigned dynamic addresses
> (it only SOUNDS like an oxymoron!).
>
> So, you need to tell your printer to have a static ip address.  Go to the
> printer and set it up with an ip address not inside the DHCP range your
> DHCP server gives out.

I've not been able to find a way to do that yet.

> I've not looked at the logs, but you may need to try more than an IPP
> protocol.  Also try this:
>
> http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/sna/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx439?selectedName=DriversAndSoftware

Tried the above canon link and found this response:

"There is no driver for the OS Version you selected.
The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver.
Refer to our FAQ section for connectivity issues."

Then could not find anything about "connectivity" in Canon's FAQ section.