dhcp question.

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at smartstoragesys.com
Sat Aug 25 16:01:35 MST 2012

I just searched the canon site, and I could not find any way that that crazy printer could be set for static IP address!

Good GRIEF!  How stupid!  Yet another reason to avoid Canon like the plague!  (Or at least I've had bad luck with canon printers, so they are not on my 'first to consider' list.  Indeed, they are on my 'last to consider' list.  I'm appreciating my Epson more every day!).

I think you're toast.  You'll either need to set up a DHCP server that WILL allow you to set a 'fixed' IP address to a MAC address, or you'll have to get a different printer, or (if the thing has USB like one manual said) you'll have to hook it up via USB.

Sorry!  Maybe someone else can give you a more hopeful suggestion, but I'm fresh out.

Rusty