dhcp question.

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at smartstoragesys.com
Sat Aug 25 10:41:05 MST 2012

Looks like the DHCP server doesn't do staically-assigned dynamic addresses (it only SOUNDS like an oxymoron!).

So, you need to tell your printer to have a static ip address.  Go to the printer and set it up with an ip address not inside the DHCP range your DHCP server gives out.

I've not looked at the logs, but you may need to try more than an IPP protocol.  Also try this:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/sna/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx439?selectedName=DriversAndSoftware

and select linux as your os, see if that gets you anywhere.