LaTop battery care and life expectancy

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 14:01:47 MST 2011

Thank you Joseph for take the time to explain all this to me.  I think I understand better.  Since my laptop runs without a batter if plugged in I assume I should only place the batter in my laptop when I plan to run it on batter power only.

The battery has been out for several months and it is still at 80% .  Will it hurt the battery to let it self discharge for a few months?

Thank again for this wealth of info and thank you to everyone who responded.

Keith Smith