The devil you know

Kevin Fries kfries6 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 18:52:51 MST 2011

ProxmoxVE is a minimal debian install combined with OpenVZ for
hypervirtulization and KVM for full virtualization.  It then puts a web
interface for management.  I used to use it in a lab on two dell rackmount
servers.  It allowed for clustering of servers, including live migration.
If you store the KVM instance on a SAN, even KVM instances can be live
migrated.  This package is fantastic and would make an interesting test
build project if you wanted to take it to that level.

Kevin

http://ajmf.wordpress.com/2009/06/08/management-interfaces-for-the-kernel-virtual-machine-kvm/