Getting a Linux admin job in Europe?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Mar 19 00:48:19 MST 2011

Am 18. Mar, 2011 schwätzte S Kreimeyer so:

> I'm afraid I can't offer much insight into the IT job situation. I've
> been told that there is a dearth of engineers in the country, so that
> might extend to other technical professions, like IT.

I haven't followed too closely, but recently Germany has had low
unemployment and problems filling positions. This will be especially so
for skilled positions. IT in Germany is an engineering job :). Americans
can get away with not having a degree, but a degree certainly helps.

ciao,

der.hans
#  ABLEconf - 2011Apr02 - Free Software for Free Enterprise
#  "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
#    -- Albert Einstein