Getting a Linux admin job in Europe?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Mar 19 00:46:07 MST 2011

Am 18. Mar, 2011 schwätzte Brian Weaver so:

> Anyone know the ins and outs of landing an IT job in Europe.
> Specifically interested in Germany.  Anyone here done it? Is knowing
> German a must ?

Catch me after a meeting and we'll talk.

Knowing German is not required, but makes things much easier. Being a US
citizen does have certain advantages.

If you're serious about it, start participating in the local germanic
community. You'll have opportunities to learn the language and you'll pick
up important career contacts. Again, talk to me after a meeting :). Or
just go to the Tempe Stammtisch on a Friday. I don't make it very often,
but the others can be helpful.

http://www.LuftHans.com/Tempe-Stammtisch

For something specific, look at Solar One, Dial or one of the other
German-owned companies here in town and see what openings they have. They
might ship you over or you could start there and look for opportunities to
transfer.

ciao,

der.hans
#  ABLEconf - 2011Apr02 - Free Software for Free Enterprise
#  "I never let schooling get in the way of my education." -- Mark Twain