MythTV - Cox supported cable cards

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 20:59:27 MST 2011

1. You may get it to work with a HDHomeRun Prime but you won't be able to record the encrypted channels.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun_Prime

2. It works a bit with Hulu but it's not real clean IMO. I don't see support at all for Netflix. I also have Boxee on my MythTV so I use that for Hulu. I'm not sure if the linux rev of Boxee supports Netflix.

3. It's come a long ways since the early days. Getting the remote working with lirc is the hardest part IMO. You can also use your Ipod/Ipad to control as a remote which is really nice.

4. I find it fairly easy to use but idk about your wife.