Anyone use Google voice?

James Mcphee jmcphe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:16:23 MST 2011

I use google voice in a different capacity.  The number tied to GV is the
one I give out.  I can then tell GV where to send that call to, so it acts
as a router.  I also keep most of my friends and colleagues in my address
book, where I put them in a group of GV and customize the response.  So when
I'm willing to accept calls from family, but not friends, I just set it up
like that and give some custom voicemails to the groups in question.

I have the GV android app, but use it mainly to manage my voicemails more
effectively than verizon's normal voicemail system.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Mark Phillips
<mark at phillipsmarketing.biz>wrote:

> Wifi calling on my android phone with T-mobile is not very reliable. Some
> wifi points connect, some don't, those that connect drop calls, etc. I think
> google voice is VoIP, so it sounds as if it would be a replacement for the
> wifi calling app on my phone. But some boards say that T-mobile customers
> get charged minutes even when using GV.
>
> Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on the list uses GV + Android + T-mobile
> and what their experience has been.
>
> Also, in reading about GV, it says I have to get a new phone number. How
> does that number relate to my mobile number, or is it something in the
> background that the world does not see? The google docs are not very helpful
> in explaining just what GV provides.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

James McPhee