Anyone use Google voice?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Wed Jan 26 13:24:27 MST 2011

Wifi calling on my android phone with T-mobile is not very reliable. Some
wifi points connect, some don't, those that connect drop calls, etc. I think
google voice is VoIP, so it sounds as if it would be a replacement for the
wifi calling app on my phone. But some boards say that T-mobile customers
get charged minutes even when using GV.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on the list uses GV + Android + T-mobile
and what their experience has been.

Also, in reading about GV, it says I have to get a new phone number. How
does that number relate to my mobile number, or is it something in the
background that the world does not see? The google docs are not very helpful
in explaining just what GV provides.

Thanks,

Mark