OT: Survey: 32% Admit Mooching Neighbor's Wi-Fi

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Tue Feb 8 17:25:50 MST 2011

Hi Steve,

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Steve Holmes <steve at holmesgrown.com> wrote:

> I know you have been mentioning in several threads the need for some
> material.  What I plan for my meeting spot is definitely
> demonstrations.  I figure the demo activity will consume maybe 2/3rds
> of the time and the remaining be explanation, a bit of historical
> perspective and Q&A.  I don't have it all plotted out yet but have a
> general idea of major topics in my head.  I'll have more to come
> later.
>
> Or after I finish my show this Thursday, I can pass along what I used
> for notes since your program isn't til next month.

Hey, I did a few demonstrations/presentations with Wireless WEP and WPA2
encroachment and MITM attacks using airmon-ng aircrack-ng and airreplay-ng
(that I also used at work for LunchNLearn sessions to bring everyone in
Corporate America out of Security Matrix) which are all available:

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/

There's even aircrack-ng for iPhone debian now.  Incredible, huh?

The presentation is here (not sure of the quality of the format, however)
from a Hackfest early last year at the Foundation for Blind Children:

http://www.obnosis.com/Layer8Wireless.html

Let me know if you would like for me to appear and run a few attack scripts
(I script these presentations, since it's easier to run, after going through
the presentation materials - don't have to sit and type laboriously).

"All Trust is Misplaced"

> On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 05:44:28PM -0700, Technomage Hawke wrote:
> > nice story, but the layout was confusing. they really need to be using
> tables and frames on there. having to skim all the other "link" entries just
> to read the story. Sorry folks, its being a long and painful day.
> >
> > btw, can I get a little help with a basic outline for linux and
> accessibility technology, or should I just keep it simple and bring my
> powerbook along to demonstrate some of it?
> >
> > -Eric
> >
> > On Feb 5, 2011, at 3:26 PM, keith smith wrote:
> >

> > > Some 32% of respondents to a recent national survey admitted borrowing
> a neighbor's unencrypted Wi-Fi connection.
> > >
> http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/survey-32-admit-mooching-neighbors-wi-fi/story?id=12837897

(503) 754-4452
(623) 688-3392

 http://www.obnosis.com
*Catch My MetaSploit & IP CAM Surveillence
Presentations @ ABLEConf.com in April!*