PXE Menu Screenshots

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:12:57 MST 2011

Thank you all,

Using a virtual machine worked well once I turned on Network boot device in
the VM I made in Virtual Box AND enabled the PXE ROM in the BIOS of the host
machine.  Joseph, I found no screenshot ability in Virtual Box but maybe I
just missed it.  No matter though since I could do Window shots from the
host system with ease.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Joseph Sinclair
<plug-discussion at stcaz.net>wrote:

> Larry,
>  A full VM (vmware, virtualbox, kvm, xen) is like a physical machine; if
> you set the "virtual" network interface to enable the PXE boot ROM (how to
> do that varies based on which virtual machine system you use), then it will
> boot from a PXE server if one is available.
>
> P.S.
>  DomU and Dom0 are (originally) Xen terms for guest and host in a
> paravirtualized setup.
>

> On 08/03/2011 10:55 PM, Dazed_75 wrote:
> > Steve, I did not thof that, Thanks.  On the other hand, I do not know if
> > VM is able to be a PXE client.  I will try it though.
> >
> > R P, Sorry, But I do not understand what you are saying.  DomU and dom0
> mean
> > nothing to me.  Are they something in XEN?  I've heard of Xen but know
> > nothing about it.

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson