Installing Redmine

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 23:31:35 MST 2010

I am having my tech support look into it too. I requested they keep me
posted on how they ended up doing it so I can post it here in case others
are interested.
If you find your notes, I'd appreciate any help you can offer, but don't
spend too much time searching.

Thanks for the tips!

Eric

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 23:14 -0700, Eric Cope wrote:
> > I am trying to install a package (redmine). I am interested in
> > learning Ruby (I will look to download the book).
> > Redmine is a helpdesk, bug tracker, software package. Surprisingly,
> > the last release was 3 weeks ago.
> > I'll definitely look into using passenger instead if possible.
> ----
> not that suprising. I gather that they are bundling a rails with redmin
> (located in vendor/rails) to freeze a specific version of rails and thus
> probably wanting to lock into a specific version of the rack gem. As you
> might imagine, when you want to upgrade versions of rails, other things
> might break along the way so a developer might want to keep things
> behind the latest release.
>
> In that case (and also since I am not at all familiar with redmine), you
> probably will want to google for help with installing the fcgi gem but
> if you are still struggling with it tomorrow, maybe I can try to find my
> old notes (if I even saved them) but stopped using it I think in 2007
> (for mongrels) and found fcgid to be the weakest link of any rails
> program. But now, I am too tired.
>
> Craig

> believed to be clean.

Eric Cope