Installing Redmine

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Feb 25 06:46:50 MST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 23:31 -0700, Eric Cope wrote:
> I am having my tech support look into it too. I requested they keep me
> posted on how they ended up doing it so I can post it here in case
> others are interested.
> If you find your notes, I'd appreciate any help you can offer, but
> don't spend too much time searching.
>
> Thanks for the tips!
----
after I went to bed, it occurred to me that the fcgi gem is probably not
all you need but you will also need gcc-c++ make autoconf kernel-headers
to build a C program since before you can build the ruby fcgi gem, you
have to install mod_fcgi for Apache. Unfortunately for you, mod_fcgi is
not available as a pre-built module so you have to build it yourself.

Suggest that you look here...

http://fatpenguinblog.com/weinerdoodz/howto-how-to-install-fastcgi-and-rubyrails-on-redhat-enterprise/

for instructions on building the mod_fcgi module for apache.

Don't bother building mysql, ruby or any of the other stuff as you
already have it installed.

Once you have that installed, it should be relatively simple to get the
ruby fcgi gem to build and install.

That said... it seems like the package has some severe issues if they
are requiring you to use an outdated and ineffective delivery system
like fcgi.

Craig

believed to be clean.