Compact Flash cards

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Sat Aug 28 12:38:45 MST 2010

CompactFlash cards have the advantage of being an IDE interface, so it only takes a very simple (i.e. cheap) adapter to plug one into a motherboard IDE connector.

For large capacity, I'd wait a bit with SD, as the SDXC cards and peripherals are just showing up, and there's a big improvement in headroom from SDHC to SDXC.

If you want something internal, there are actual 2.5" SATA SSD drives in the 32G range on NewEgg for about $75 as well.