Compact Flash cards

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 12:24:02 MST 2010

So far the cheapest cards from Kingston with Lifetime warranties run about
$75 for 32GB. I am actually planning on getting a couple of these to retire
one hdd that I have had in service for backups the past 3 years or so. Temp
Ranges are generally -25C to 85C and are waterproof. So with the offsite
backups I am using through DataStorageUnit.com and what is in my machine
should be more than sufficient. I have one of the 25N1 multi slot readers so
I can pretty much read any media I want. SD cards seem to be just about as
durable, at least a close 2nd, but about the same price. I wouldn't look at
any USB flash drives because I literally have had 2-3 in the past few months
fall apart in my hands. With my data on it. Another lets not make me a happy
camper issue. As far as compact flash goes I really haven't seen any 64 GB
cards that at present would be in the price of us mortal humans. Right now
that 32 GB would fit what I think is critical to backups and in the next 6
months, most likely after the holidays prices should drop on 64GB
sufficiently. The idea is compactness, durability not necessarily size of
the drive at present.

Does anyone else use anything else that I may not be thinking of at the
moment?

Remember it's not that we have something to hide, we just have nothing we
want to show.
---Keep tunnelling.