Compact Flash cards

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 14:19:14 MST 2010

This will be for actual backup purposes. I have an SSD/GPT already for my OS
in my box. This is so I can carry and go. SDXC is $275 for 64GB, a little
more than I want to spend  at present, but a future contender for sure. I
have no IDE slots on my mobo, its all SATA. Welcome to the world of Micro
ATX.

Which by the by for those that don't know.
   gdisk and gnu Parted are the only partitions you can use on SSD/GPT
drives or you destroy the block/geometry mappings. There are no such thing
as logical/extended partitions on them, everything is primary. YOU MUST
after setting the GPT mapping for the "MBR" set up a min 1MB empty
partition, no filesystem, flagged as bios_grub or ee, kinda like the 82/83
schema. GRUB 2 is best on these devices and grub.org recommends strongly
using a separate /boot, be prepared with a Super Grub2 Disk just in case.
After that you are set as normal with your favorite distro.

Remember it's not that we have something to hide, we just have nothing we
want to show.
---Keep tunnelling.