OT: Texting Solution

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Sat Sep 12 18:13:45 MST 2009

> There is a gmail labs feature that will allow you to send sms through the
> GMail chat interface, which is routed to a PTSN number that she can text
> back (which appear as IMs) I'm not sure if enabling the feature in gmail
> labs will let it work in gtalk or direct through jabber, though.

I have verizon - verizon texts, but I have to pay 10 cents per message
or I can spend 10 bucks and get a block. Or go with the more expensive
InPulse plan, but I don't use the phone enough to justify that. I mostly
use skype or GV.

I cannot find a gmail labs feature for it anywhere. I'm still looking
though.

nathan