Installfest 5/30 (new thread)

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:04:20 MST 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Lyle Tuttle <L.tuttle at cox.net> wrote:

>  At 08:21 PM 5/26/2009, you wrote:
>

> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Lyle Tuttle <L.tuttle at cox.net> wrote: At
> 05:46 PM 5/26/2009, you wrote:
>
> I've had about three RSVP's, some are a bit heafty:
> snip, snip
>
> I have a HP Pavilion that I want to run on Linux only - no dual boot.  Now
> has windows XP on it......I plan on attending your event this saturday.
>

> The above email was sent in April, and I did attend and install Linux on
> that system.
> It does not work, but that is another story.
> I just want to make sure you know that is an OLD EMAIL. it is history
> now....<G>
>
> lyle
> Is it the linux that does not work or the computer?  Are you wanting to try
> again with that or a different computer?  I know you said it was another
> story, but I was wondering if we did anything bad.
> No, you guys did fine....my statement was only half correct -- it works
> (I'm excited - my fist look @ Linux, want to see more....if only...<G>) ,
> but I can't get it to log on to my home wireless system -- but it did right
> away at the instalfest.....
>
> Probably some simple, small thing, but I am not having any luck fixing
> it....got past all the "keyring" issues I think ---
>
> I "think" I have some problem with "device recognition" (it says my output
> should be 'claimed', unclaimed, enabled, or disabled, but I get NONE of
> those...), but how could that be if it worked?  (Wireless troubleshooting,
> 5.2.2),
>
> It does not look like it says it should, but it worked at first......what's
> with that?  what's the diff 'twixt their wireless system and mine other than
> password?
>
> I'm trying to follow the troubleshooting guide, but what comes up may as
> well be Greek...<G>...and I do not read nor comprehend Greek.....
>
> lyle

This is one of those problems that can only be resolved with your computer
being in range of your wireless AP/router.  If you wanted to being both to
the installfest, I am sure we could make it work.  Otherwise the choices are
for someone to come to your home or try supporting you by this kind of email
exchange (much harder).

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry