unlock keyring -> password advice

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun May 24 09:11:30 MST 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Lyle Tuttle <L.tuttle at cox.net> wrote:

> I think I've been fscked now, and without a kiss.....
>
> Went to the suggested location to find my passwords, but it says nothing is
> in the file......
>
> So the question is, would I rather let everyone have my data, or no one,
> including me?
>
> lyle
>
> Lyle Tuttle

I find that doubtful frankly.  I have two questions:

   1. Did you originally, or after the installation, set the option to
   automatically log in without providing a password?  Doing so would likely
   make the keyring ask you for the password.  It would not have done so at the
   installfest because the wireless network we connected to there does not
   require a password/passphrase.  You home network should and that would have
   been stored in the keyring.
   2. What do you get is you open a terminal and type "ls -al
   ~/.gnome2/keyrings" without the quotes (be sure to include the period which
   is easy to miss).

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry