unlock keyring -> password advice

Lyle Tuttle L.tuttle at cox.net
Sun May 24 14:09:47 MST 2009

At 09:11 AM 5/24/2009, you wrote:

>On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Lyle Tuttle
><<mailto:L.tuttle at cox.net>L.tuttle at cox.net> wrote:
>
>I think I've been fscked now, and without a kiss.....
>
>Went to the suggested location to find my passwords, but it says
>nothing is in the file......
>
>So the question is, would I rather let everyone have my data, or no
>one, including me?
>
>I find that doubtful frankly.  I have two questions:
>    * Did you originally, or after the installation, set the option
> to automatically log in without providing a password?

Frankly, I do not recall - it is possible.

>    *   Doing so would likely make the keyring ask you for the
> password.  It would not have done so at the installfest because the
> wireless network we connected to there does not require a
> password/passphrase.  You home network should and that would have
> been stored in the keyring.

Yes, my home network is WPA 2 (PSK), and I know that one very well.......

>    * What do you get is you open a terminal and type "ls -al
> ~/.gnome2/keyrings" without the quotes (be sure to include the
> period which is easy to miss).

I get:  "could not display  --  Nautilus cannot handle this kind of
locations"   I took that to be a lower-case "L", not and upper-case
"I" -- correct?  I have already deleted the old "default" (and other
one) file in the location following the ~

lyle