starting by iptable deny all of china is a good start. - Re:OT? Linux-based trojans now targeting WRT and other linux-based routers

Bryan O'Neal boneal at cornerstonehome.com
Mon Mar 30 23:31:03 MST 2009

If you should never get a request outside the US why should you look any
further to deny it?  This is not complete protection by any measure but it
makes an easy first step.  I used to go one step further and block my
dynamic hosted websites (where you don't get to mess with iptables) from
being touched by people out side their target zone (usually US and Canada).
It immediately cuts the number of admin.php request by more then half ;)

That said you still need additional protection for ips you do allow through
to the next set of rules.