OT:Exchange good? - And the flame wars begin (Was:Re:newhotness?)

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Tue Feb 24 14:31:59 MST 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 2:24 PM, JD Austin wrote:

> If you're still working with Plesk I understand your pain!
> Go here: http://atomicrocketturtle.com ... Scott's Plesk repository
> and forum are WAY ahead of anything that swsoft puts out.
> I stopped running a Plesk server last year and his repository got me
> out of a lot of jams by letting me install better spam filtering,
> more secure versions of things/etc.

Thanks.  I haven't used Plesk for years.  I got over my fear of 'being
responsible for it' and started building things the way I thought they
ought to be.  But there was a period of years in the beginning when I
wasn't able to do that, and I'm glad there were options available for
me at that time, even if I outgrew them.

"Learn it all or don't use it" isn't realistic, even for people who
are motivated and reasonably intelligent.  I was motivated for sure.
Intelligence is debatable sometimes... :)  It takes a while to acquire
the knowledge to do things well, and sometimes you get thrust into
being responsible for things you never expected.  I doubt I'm the only
one who's followed that kind of career path.

alex