OT:Exchange good? - And the flame wars begin (Was:Re:newhotness?)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Feb 24 12:10:51 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 11:48 -0700, Stephen wrote:
> I misused the term, it was never meant to be a bad thing, it just is
> and everyone makes things tey like but none of them actually talk to
> each other.
>
> i guess that's what my original use of the word was to mean.
>
> and the reason alot of people go with SBS is because that it is a
> unified package. and some people just dont have the desire to puzzle
> it all together. but im thinking maybe a list/package and some
> settings/notes for those of use who want to build one ect.
>
> so its not a separate distribution per se but something that can be built.
>
> For me the goal is a simple unified data store to join these already
> built packages...
----
and then you'd be accepting someone else's conclusions on which packages
to include, integrate and configure.

and then you're be another administrator who never took the time to
understand the underlying technologies, with no derived skills to
troubleshoot problems and no study why other parts/daemons might be
better suited for your particular needs.

Craig