Politics/Ethics: Operation PinWale - Obama Administration Seeks Emergency Control of the Internet

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 16:02:19 MST 2009

Jason Spatafore wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 15:20 -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:
>> > The president is asking for permission...it is up to us to grant it.
>> No, it's up to the people who the lobbyists elected.
>
> *YOU* had a direct vote in their election to office and your vote was
> just as meaningful as the lobbyists with equal weight. Again, we can say
> it's corrupt all we want but *WE* do have a say. We do get to vote. And
> we all know that every representative does not represent all their
> constituents.

Who pays for the advertisements and the money that gives the people who run
for office the power and the footprint to actually get elected? Not me or
anyone else; the lobbyists who want those people elected, the lobbyists who
then control those who are in office.

Ryan

> Until the representatives are removed...we will constantly struggle with
> this so-called Democracy. Technology has finally caught up to where it
> can be used for a direct Democratic country with lower costs than
> running elections every two years. Now is the time to start
> implementing.
>
> And yes, my first vote is to eliminate paper ballots and bar people
> without access to computers from elections. Sorry, a computer is
> available almost everywhere you go. It's time to grow with the times and
> move on.

How do you deal with the security implications/identity crises that computer
based voting introduces?

--
Ryan Rix
(623)-826-0051

Fortune:
"Gee, Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore."

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://twitter.com/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.