Politics/Ethics: Operation PinWale - Obama Administration Seeks Emergency Control of the Internet

Jason Spatafore jason_online at spatafore.net
Sun Aug 30 15:55:25 MST 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 15:20 -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:
> > The president is asking for permission...it is up to us to grant it.
> No, it's up to the people who the lobbyists elected.

*YOU* had a direct vote in their election to office and your vote was
just as meaningful as the lobbyists with equal weight. Again, we can say
it's corrupt all we want but *WE* do have a say. We do get to vote. And
we all know that every representative does not represent all their
constituents.

Until the representatives are removed...we will constantly struggle with
this so-called Democracy. Technology has finally caught up to where it
can be used for a direct Democratic country with lower costs than
running elections every two years. Now is the time to start
implementing.

And yes, my first vote is to eliminate paper ballots and bar people
without access to computers from elections. Sorry, a computer is
available almost everywhere you go. It's time to grow with the times and
move on.