2.6.31 kernel

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 14:14:44 MST 2009

Technomage wrote:
[snip]

> lastly, linux has the "good enough" mentality. put it into operation and
> fix the bugs later (which never happens
> half the time)

That's the entire idealogy of OSI tactics -- the bazaar over the cathedral.

> Of course, we cannot DEMAND that the developers fix these problems (as
> they are unpaid, etc), but it
> would help if they did.

Most of the primary developers on the kernel, the guys who make the most
patches, are employed by major GNU/Linux companies, as was recently
discussed, here, slashdot and elsewhere.

--
Ryan Rix
(623)-826-0051

Fortune:
He who invents adages for others to peruse
takes along rowboat when going on cruise.

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://twitter.com/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.