VOIP, SIP phones

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Sat Nov 1 05:26:49 MST 2008

Aha!   :)
I am not that familiar with VoIP, welcome any teaching, but:

Assuming that openmoko is "all that open", and Skype is available to the
platform, is it possible to connect it to a 802.11 network, fire up a Skype
call, and use the receiver as your microphone and speaker ?
I don't see a reason why not...

And you also get to use it as a regular phone.
ET

PS: And you get to have a device that allows you to walk into a Starbucks
and open up an SSH terminal into your network if "*IT*" hits the fan, but
that's a different thread...   :)