URL paste in firefox 3

Luis Villarreal xciprox at gmail.com
Fri May 23 12:47:03 MST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems like the more I hear, the more I do not want firefix 3.  Yes
> that was a typo but when I went to correct it I realized it was really
> correct as I see so many stories about how to fix firefox so it works
> like it used to.

If you read the bug report, it states that this change was intentional and
not a bug. The upstream version of firefox does not have this change
implemented.

> I know I uninstalled it until such time as
> googlesync will work with it. I went back to Firefox 2.

> Heck, one of the fixes I saw was how to disable firefox's version
> checking so the old add-ons (or many of them) will still work.  Sounds
> like a broken product to me -- or should I say a broken improvement.
> IOW, the version checking is important but to force add-ons which
> actually still work with the new software to not be usable is a wrong
> solution.

Firefox 3 is not stable software, it is a release candidate you know ;). I
still run firefox 2 on my main machine because I too need extensions. I
can't complain though, I'm pretty satisfied with firefox 3 and I haven't had
any major problems.