URL paste in firefox 3

David Bendit DarkElf109 at ibendit.com
Fri May 23 12:51:41 MST 2008

Dazed_75 wrote:
> Heck, one of the fixes I saw was how to disable firefox's version
> checking so the old add-ons (or many of them) will still work.  Sounds
> like a broken product to me -- or should I say a broken improvement.
> IOW, the version checking is important but to force add-ons which
> actually still work with the new software to not be usable is a wrong
> solution.

The same thing happened when version 2 came out. It's because there's a
setting in the internal extensions configurations which gives a range of
working versions. If you try to install the extension with a newer or
older version, it won't let you. Really, you should be blaming the
extension developers, not the Firefox team, for this problem, as they've
had time to test and update their extensions for the new version.

-David