How to open .azw or .prc (mobireader) files

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Mon May 5 13:09:03 MST 2008

.
On Mon, 5 May 2008 12:35, Matt Graham wrote
> > Hummm.  So what now?
>
> Make a symlink /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0 that points
> to /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0.0 .  That fixes the bz2 library.
>
> For the expat library, I don't know for sure what you'd do since
> you're running an old distro and you say you can't upgrade it.
>  First, see if there's a package that matches expat-2.n for your old
> Mandrake.  Yes, the library is version 1 while the version# for the
> package is 2.  Don't ask me.  Also, *DO NOT* uninstall the old expat,
>  or a bunch of GNOME and KDE stuff will break.  There is a
> hackaround (which works well IME) but just don't go there.
>
> If no expat-2 for your distro, think *REALLY HARD* about upgrading
> to a more recent distro, then go to http://expat.sourceforge.net/
> and get the 2.0.1 tarball, unpack it, ./configure it, make, make
> install, rerun ldconfig .  expat doesn't have any dependencies
> except for gcc and libc according to the ebuild.
>
> This sort of thing is standard practice when you don't keep up to
> date, which is why I keep up to date.

Well, I guess I'm just stuck and will have to give up (for now).
It's too long a story to try to explain why I can't update or
make any changes on this system that might risk messing it up.

It's Mandriva 2006:
Linux localhost 2.6.12-12mdk #1 Tue Sep 13 CEST 2005 i686 AMD Athlon(TM)
XP 2600+ unknown GNU/Linux

Thanks anyway for all your efforts to help.

Joe